Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Fell Off the Planet!

After much too long, and many hard trials in our little world, I'm back and going to try again to submit some thoughts and some of my VERY FEW recent works! There are always aspirations and expectations of myself playing out their scenes in my brain. My body, on the other hand, has been "through the mill" so to speak, and will often stop all of my endeavors to accomplish anything but basic survival. That's not a complaint, just a fact, I live in this body, it's a medical miracle, but even miracles can be real challenges! 'Nuf said about that! Because I've been struggling to survive lately, I've not had a lot of opportunity to create very much. I have, however, made a couple of simple goodies to share.

My girlfriend and her family were blessed with a new arrival on April 10. From the card, can anybody tell "IT's A GIRL!"
(Stamp: Studio G CS: DSP Stampin' Up Bling: Heidi Swapp)




Another girlfriend is having a significant birthday on April 18.
I decided to try my hand at the Kaleidoscope Card that was
an online tutorial with my subscription to the Technique
Junkie Newsletter (http://www.techniquejunkies.com/) The card front is my own design. I copied the inside design very closely because the mechanics of the card were challenging for me, but the next time I make one, it will be an original--I have some great ideas brewing!
(All stamps and CS: Stampin' Up, except the "Celebrate" it's Fancy Pants)
















This last card is one I made for a new friend to
thank her for a kindness that inspired me beyond
words. (All CS and Stamps: Stampin' Up)

I so love my hobby, and each day I try to make a little bit of time to continue to learn about it. I started scrapbooking in January of 2006, I was introduced to stamping in January of 2007. I'm
addicted to both! I'm constantly learning, learning, learning.....and every once in awhile, I actually get to play a little bit. Hopefully, my play times will get longer as my education increases.
For now, thanks for looking and Happy Spring!


No comments: